As I’m writing this I’m watching the Emmy’s. Which, I gotta say have been a little bit depressing, no? While I think it’s nice that they are honoring those who have passed, c’mon now. I’m feeling too sad to laugh at how completely fabulous Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are, which means it’s serious.
Anydoodle, Summer is officially over so I spent the past week eating my glut of summery flavors. If you want to pretend you are about to walk outside onto a beach and absorb some sunshine, I recommend this Margarita Chicken.
from Iowa Girl Eats
Ingredients (serves 4)
- zest of 1 lime + juice of 4 limes
- zest of 1 orange + juice of 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup tequila (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon agave nectar (could use honey)
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper (lots)
- 4 small chicken breasts
- Combine ingredients from lime zest to salt and pepper in a large bowl or ziplock bag then mix well. Add chicken breasts then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- When ready to grill or cook, let chicken breasts rest out of the fridge for 10-15 minutes then grill or saute over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes a side, or until cooked through.
1 cup long grain white rice
2 cups water
1 Tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
juice of 1/2 lime
3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Bring water, oil, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice, place a lid on top, then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir to fluff then add lime juice and chopped cilantro.
It’s super tasty and fresh. And it was a perfect way to wrap up summer, especially with B around to hang out this weekend! Despite the fact he isn’t super psyched about his psychiatry rotations (get it, get it?!) I’m enjoying it so far because his schedule has been more open and given us some QT together.
Maybe a few more jokes would help out this bummer awards show. Have a great week!